On behalf of the Western Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, the Board of Directors is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity to all Fellows-in-Training and recent graduates of ACGME-accredited U.S. A/I training programs. The scholarship will cover airfare and lodging* for the Annual Scientific Session. (*not to exceed $2,500) The Annual WSAAI Scientific Session has a long history of providing a very rich educational experience where attendees can interact with faculty in a relaxed, intimate setting. Twenty two CME units are available. For details on this year’s program and speakers, please visit WSAAI.org.
The application deadline is SEPTEMBER 15. Please forward the attached application to all your current and recent fellows so they can take advantage of this excellent educational opportunity.
The WSAAI Emerging Allergist Scholarship Program
The WSAAI Emerging Allergist Scholarship Program (EASP) was established in 2013 with the objective of attracting outstanding Allergy / Immunology Fellows-in-Training (FITs) as well as recent fellowship graduates to the WSAAI Scientific Session. This, in turn, will enhance and vitalize the Society by introducing it to the most promising allergists in current or recent training.
Scholarship(s) will be awarded for the upcoming meeting. Applicants must be U.S. residents and must also fall into one of the following categories:
- Current Fellows-in-Training (FITs) at any U.S. ACGME-accredited A/I Fellowship Training Program.
- ABAI-eligible or certified, “emerging” allergists (both academic and non-academic) who are within three years of completion of their A/I Fellowship training.
Applicants must submit the attached application, CV, and an abstract suitable for poster presentation. Scholarship recipient selection is made by an ad hoc committee consisting of members of the Board of Directors of the WSAAI. Scholarships are based first and foremost on merit. The quality of the candidate’s abstract, clinical/research experience and Statement of Interest are major factors in the selection process Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend the entire WSAAI Scientific Session, all WSAAI receptions and the poster session.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Meeting registration fees for the Scientific Session.
- Access to all events offered to registered attendees (Welcome & Farewell Receptions, product theaters, etc).
- Lodging for up to four (4) nights (max of $1,500) at the WSAAI host hotel.
- Round trip coach airfare within the U.S. and ground transportation (up to $1,000)*
If you would like to donate to the scholarship fund please click here.